Monday, October 16, 2006

Powerful thoughts

Many readers wrote to me after I posted about the stress of the past five years. Thank you for the love, concern and favourite prayers that were shared. It was very meaningful and I truly appreciated it. I have tried to write to each person who sent me an email directly. If I have missed anyone - please accept my apologies. In my defense I was ill with a stomach bug and had been for a few days now and so am a bit tired and a little thick between the ears, as my Dad would say. (Slow...)

One reader in particular shared some very powerful thoughts that are deep and quite meaningful, especially when one's goal is to become a Saint. A goal I sometimes misplace, to my shame. Here are his thoughts...

"I wish there were words to say that all will be all right with houses and jobs ... but I don't think this is what God cheered Julian of Norwhich with, in her illness, "all will be well... " is to lean on God in pain, in poverty, in all need, for the joy and inward love to keep plowing a field of stone. I think if we plow that field of stone expecting a harvest that will sustain us, saying I am suffering for thee Lord, so reward me... then we face harder times ... but when we thank God for the stones, we begin to find the small green between them, find what enough is ... and there is hope for untold bounty.

...... But, I also know many find joy in less. I am reminded that the elder rabbi's in Auchwitzs put God on trial literally for breaking the covenant, watching their families murdered - and in the end said, To us it seems God is guilty, the covenant was broken ... and then, they prayed and thanked God. There is where faith is found, to say, I hurt, it is unfair, what next? and by the way, dearly and deeply from the bottom of my soul, thank thee Lord for all I have grant me strength in thee if not understanding of thy ways."

Thank you Lor.

1 comment:

Lorcan said...

Thank'ee Christi for the gift of the friendship of this blog.
Thine in the light
and all WILL be well,
lor