Saturday, April 26, 2008
Clearly I am getting old because there was a time when caterpillars, in our family, settled for margarine tubs with holes punched in the tops for their homes. Whereas this generation is moving into condos, err, aquariums on the front step. Or if they are lucky enough to fall into the hands of a great real estate agent, like Elsa, they get their own house; aka the aforementioned wooden recipe box.
But with that house comes a shower, ala the front garden hose... so when I heard what sounded like my hair dryer wafting through the dining room window that is just above the hose; imagine my relief to learn it was simply a neighbor blowing dust off the side walk, and not Elsa playing hair dresser to her sopping wet caterpillar.
Later I was treated to a Barbie doll head floating past the corner of my eyes, decorated with a flower and stuck not on a body, but rather a stick... dripping wet. A funeral procession for the caterpillar perhaps? I don't think they do well in the shower.
Yes... tis the season and the burning question is how many caterpillars will survive it and Elsa's passion for them??? Read more!
Friday, April 25, 2008
The idea of this particular home is not completely out of the question - it is possible we can get it with a very small mortgage but before we go to that step we want to be pre-qualified.
Keep up the prayers both for the graces and that God will guide us to the right house, right decision and right area for our family. Where we are currently, is not a safe area for our children and we are anxious to move.
God Bless and thank you once more for your continued prayers. Read more!
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Prayers,please, for the graces to be patient and I feel like asking for the graces not to dream about a positive outcome because I don't want to get my hopes up. But I won't ask for those prayers. Instead I will dream and hope and have faith that if this is not God's will - He will open another door for us.
God Bless you all and thank you for all of the prayers. Read more!
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
But in addition to this... we have put a cash offer on a house that is bank owned and now we are waiting to hear back. Please keep this in your prayers as buying this house at this price would allow us to live mortgage free and would be an incredible opportunity for us. Not only that but this house is only SIX minutes from our church. Our ability to attend the various functions as well as daily Mass would be quadrupled, at the very minimum. Thank you in advance for your prayers. I will keep you 'posted'.
Christi Read more!
and then sorting seventy phonogram cards into the correct order only to have your son helpfully pass you the box they are in and drop the box with a big OOOPS as the cards sloosh out and over the side.
GRATITUDE and RELIEF are what you feel when you are rewarded with the discovery that the worst that happened to the order of these seventy hand made cards is that is that only a few turned upside down, but miraculously all were still in the right order. Read more!
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Mummy: "Did you miss me, Elsa?"
Elsa: "Oh yes, I DID!"
Mummy: "Did you miss Gabriela?"
Elsa: "Oh yes I missed her, all de day I missed her!"
Mummy: "Well, we missed you too."
Elsa: "But I didn't go any where!" Read more!
We are working the bugs out of a new routine while still discerning some important decisions to be made by our family. Please keep us close to God in your thoughts and prayers as we continue this process. If I do well, smoothing out the wrinkles in the new routine, you will hopefully see more regular posts as well as possibly some more published articles. At least that is my hope.
And lets hope I can figure out the slide show - I seem to be forgetting an important step in how to actually create a slide show through Picassa. Possibly I am just tired? Anyway - I am hoping to get the Shrine slide show up soon.
God Bless to you all and I pray you all have a good week. Read more!
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Thursday, April 03, 2008
Fun fun fun.... Read more!
Wednesday, April 02, 2008
So instead I will just answer the meme and ask my readers to feel free to answer in the comments or pass the meme onto their favorite blogs.
These are the rules:
1. When tagged place the name and URL on your blog.
2. Post rules on your blog.
3. Write 7 non-important things/habit/quirks about yourself.
4. Name 7 of your favourite blogs.
5. Send an email/comment on their blog letting them know they have been tagged.
1. I have to ditto Child of Mary here.... I love to read and I too read very fast. And it often annoys others how fast I read.
2. Reading my email first thing in the morning and then getting upset with myself for not tackling my to do list first!
3. I can hear really low or very high pitched sounds no one else is hearing and have to root them out or go crazy! Just such a thing lead me to a drawer this morning with a broken watch whining like a mosquito. Kids later wondered what was whining in the trash can outside in the back yard... I guess it was echoing inside the can!
4. I really dislike the expression 'have a good one...' have a good what? A good day, a good moment, a good holiday... a good what?!
5. Listening to Rush at night to help me fall asleep. But sometimes it doesn't work as I will get too involved in the day's monologue!
6. I love chocolate.
7. I love to walk IF I have a place to get to. I can't get into strolling the same street up and down just to exercise. But give me a Mall and lots of money and I can walk my feet off up and down it! Read more!
"A primary purpose of the educational system is to train schoolchildren in good citizenship, patriotism and loyalty to the state and the nation as a means of protecting the public welfare."
To find out click here. Read more!
Tuesday, April 01, 2008
Soutenus tagged me!
Rules of the meme:
1. Post these rules of the game first.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names.
Then the tagger goes to the blogs of those who have been tagged & leaves a comment letting new players know they’ve been tagged. The tagger asks them to find the meme and instructions back at his/her blog.
What I was doing 10 years ago:
- Taking care of my ninth child who had just been released from the Intensive Care Neonatal Unit and put onto the pediatric ward where I then had to fend off medical students who each wanted to try out their pet theory as to why my newborn had landed in the ICU to begin with. Each theory typically required some form of blood withdrawal and pin pricks.
- homeschooling for my seventh year
- preparing for the confirmation of six of my children in the Byzantine Church we were currently attending, they ranged from newborn to 11 years of age.
Five things on my To Do List today:
- work with Hugo on a to do list for both of us
- unpack from the trip
- drop Miguel off at the Monastery
- buy groceries
- set up a check up appointment for Sam, my 10 year old cat
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
- Buy a farm and put money away for future property taxes
- Pay off all bills & my older kid's student loans and set up trust funds for my younger children
- Surprise some friends with items they really need - like a new roof on their home.
- Visit my in-laws in Argentina
- Figure out what business my husband would most love to do and back it and live off the funds this created.
- Give what was left over to the church to use as She best saw fit.
Three of my bad habits:
- not reading enough to my little ones
- coffee, tea and the snacks I eat with these hot drinks
Five places I have lived:
- Ontario, Canada
- Quebec, Canada
- New Brunswick, Canada
- Raleigh, NC
- Small town, NC
Five jobs I’ve had:
- Tour Guide on the Pasamaquoddy Bay
- Lab Research at the Biology Station in St Andrews N.B.
- ESL teacher at the University of New Brunswick
- ESL Teacher in North Carolina
- Budding writer, published for pay three times to date!
- Stay at home mum since 1982 and still home with lots of wonderful kids!
Five people I want to know more about (a nice way of saying TAG!):
j. a. varel
child of Mary
Child of Mary - I just got tagged twice so I'm tagging you back! Have fun! Read more!
"Mummy, I want to be home. Not dis home, my home home! Pease can we go home?!"
She did enjoy her 'acation, but we all agree with her, it is nice to be home!
Pictures to follow later. Read more!