Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Emma's sleep over PART TWO

A short while after Jenny had called earlier to sort out the details of when I was coming to see "the" dress, the phone rang again. It was Jenny. I guess she had picked up on my disquietness that I seemed to be so completly not needed by Emma.
I answered to heavy breathing on the other side and a whispered " Say hello, Emma!" in the back ground.

Emma acquiesced and I heard her sweet voice greet me joyfully.

HI Mummy! and as I responded her voice ran over mine.

"I'm going to the park with Jenny, Jonafin and John, can I go to the park with them? Yeah I'm going...

A voice interrupted her in the back ground and there was a whispered conference.

"Oh Jon has to work today Mummy, so I is just going with Jenny and Jonafin Mummy."

Realizing permission had been requested and assumed in one breath I moved onto the nextx topic on my mind.

"I mis... ah I LOVE you Emma!" (Not wanting to cause homesickness to set in I thought better of the original statement on the tip of my tongue!)

"Yeah, I has watched Shicken Run Mummy, okay we are going now, Bye Mummy!"

Simultaneously 'CLICK' "Okay see you at lun... time. Uh, bye."

Well - I felt better, I think.


(Post Script, it was nice to learn that Emma not only wears out her 45 yr old mother daily, but she is also capable of really keeping her brother and sister on their toes!)

No comments: