Saturday, April 08, 2006

Sacramental Mini Poll Results

Answers Votes Percent
1.
Rosary, including beads and the prayer. 27 23%
2.
Holy Water 8 7%
3.
Statues 3 3%
4.
Scapular 1 1%
5.
Holy Candles 6 5%
6.
Icons 6 5%
7.
Images of a Holy Person 1 1%
8.
Crucifix 61 51%
9.
Blessed Palms 0 0%
10.
Medals 6 5%

I think that we had a very interesting mini poll the past two weeks. A large portion of readers voted and it was fun to watch the initial neck and neck race between the Rosary and the Crucifix. I have a hard time choosing one of the various sacramentals available as a favorite. I have many attachments for as many reasons. I do have a beautiful gold crucifix that I have worn for many years. It was the gift of my two oldest daughters gave me for Christmas one year. It has been with me through many births and teethed on by many babies. However, Elsa proved to be the last straw forcing me to retire this cruifix until I can replace the chain. In the meantime - my old metals on a sturdy silver chain has replaced it. Elsa is as delighted iwth them as hse was with the Crucifix and I have to admit, while I liked being able to reach up and touch my Crucifix just below my throat, I am enjoying my old friends again. On my chain hangs the medal of St Theresa the little flower with Mary of Mt. Carmel adorned with baby Jesus on her knee. Then there is St Benidict, and St Michael.

They are all good reminders for me to keep my eyes on Jesus and I like the idea that they are praying for me.

I am, again, brain dead and will remove this poll but possibly I will not have a replacement for it until next Saturday. I apologize but I am terribly worn down from health problems and sometimes - my brian just won't engage past third gear! If anyone has any ideas for the mini poll please feel free to post them in a comment section or email them to mum2twelve at gmail.com

No comments: