Wednesday, April 01, 2009

unorignal thoughts

I had a light bulb moment today when I was struck by a very unoriginal thought. I have had this thought before but today it hit me a little harder than normal. The very simplicity of it really touched me and encouraged me. For the first time, I think, the reality that I could actually do this and make a difference in doing so sunk in.

So often I despair of my inability to make prayer more an active part of my life when, this morning, as I contemplated a chore I particularly dislike I realized what an opportunity I was missing. Here, staring in my face, was the perfect opportunity to worship God by cheerfully doing this hated job and doing so for love of Christ. I miss many opportunities through out the day to turn something, whether loved or hated, into a prayer offered up for my children, a friend in need, in reparation for the sin of the world as well as for the unborn.

I am trying to keep this thought in my heart and just finished folding a load of laundry as I pulled it from the dryer - simply offering up my physical action as a prayer for the reparation for the sins of the world while silently praying an Our Father.

I think maybe this time this unoriginal thought will actually stay with me. At least I hope it will.

ignore

No comments: