Monday, September 29, 2008

No thank you???

Did I hear correctly? When I tried to bribe Elsa out of my bedroom with a cookie - she declines. Most politely, yet it was still a shock. Elsa say no... to a cookie, freely offered? Possibly that was the problem, a cookie blandly offered is missing the sweet taste of victory of that of a cookie won through wheedling, begging and whining until the parent is finally worn down and passes you a one.

Yet - I was tempted to set up a Dr's appointment as I simply could not fathom a healthy child unwilling to accept a cookie, lacking the sweet taste of victory or not, especially when we are talking about a favourite cookie, one rarely shared from mummy's secret stash.

Alas, I have been proved right by mid afternoon. Elsa was feeling slightly feverish, her voice had a definite rasp to it and her nose had clear mucus dripping from it. By then I too had an ear ache on the left side where my throat later started to ache. Time to reach for the Zicam and maybe engage in a little warm salt water gargling too.

If I dissapear off the radar for a day or two - you will know why, the cold won and the Zicam lost.

IGNORE

No comments: