Saturday, May 17, 2008

Jelly Beans...


My husband has a favourite brand of jelly beans and a few days ago I picked up a small bag of them for him. To help me make my escape to the local Wal-mart so as to stock up on birthday goodies for the upcoming teen celebration he cheerfully distracted 3 years old Elsa with the bribe of sharing his special jelly beans!

Upon getting home I asked Elsa if she had enjoyed the jelly beans.

"Yes! I DID!" She exploded with a huge grin.

"Oh, and are there any left?" I queried.

"Nope!"

"Not even ONE jelly bean, you didn't save me any?" I teased.

"Well, I tried to... but I just ate 'dem all. " she sighed with a shrug of helplessness.

Those jelly beans... they just overtook her little taste buds and disappeared, each and every one of them, into her little tummy!

1 comment:

Soutenus said...

Jelly beans are one of my favorite candies -- they are bright, colorful, happy little things AND!!! I do not care for the taste so I am not tempted!! I love to give them to my friends because they are so popular with most people. Now if only I felt that way about ice cream and pasta .... and hot buttered popcorn ..... and (well, you get the idea!)