Saturday, May 24, 2008

Future blogging....

I never like to blog if I don't think that I have something of value to share or at least something funny that might put a smile on a readers face. I have been doing a little research about how to make one's blog a worthwhile read and one that friends/readers will want to come back to again and again, while also being able to reliably find new posts.

Having a bit of a format can help a writer find something useful to say on a regular basis as well as form self discipline in writing habits. So I am thinking of a schedule to follow. Bakers' Monday with a favourite recipe, Virtuous Tuesday with a post on living out a virtue within family life, Easy Wednesday with something funny from the peanut gallery Photo Thursday with a favourite pic or two posted, Family Friday - something from one of the kids is shared... but for that I will need my favourite technician to help me get my scanner up and running again. (An instrument I have been lamenting the loss of for quite some time. ) Open Line Saturday - questions are welcomed and answered... This schedule is not etched in stone, simply some ideas that I am thinking of using.

If any of my readers have an idea for a theme for one of the days of the week, feel free to leave it in the comment section. (And I am hoping you will have some ideas!)

God Bless

4 comments:

Cath said...

I think this sounds like a wonderful idea. Perhaps one day could be sharing a review of a movie or book.

By the way, I drop in at least once a day and will reread some of your older posts. I enjoy your outlook on life.

Good Remedy said...

What a great idea! Fun to have a topic for a day. Especially look forward to Baker's Monday. I love reading recipes!

M. Alexander said...

How about Thanksless Thursdays? the frustration of the week!

mum2twelve said...

Do you mean those moments like when you have just folded a huge basket of laundry and before you can put it away... someone rummages through it to find a shirt and in the process unfolds everything? Or were you referring to those moments when you insist on a child completing his afternoon chores and your request is met with heavy sighs and one assumes rolled eyes once the parent is no longer in view?
Or did you mean those nights when you have just finished cleaning up from a meal that took forever to make and one of the kids, in an absent minded manner, asks; "Have we had supper yet?"
If you do - I have not a clue what you mean 'cause I never have moments like that.
And BTW, if you believe me - I hear there is a bridge in Brooklyn....