Thursday, January 17, 2008

Going for a fourth....

...am I catching my readers off guard? Making you worry that maybe you should start reading me daily again? Nah - don't worry. Maybe tonight I will get enough sleep to be able to focus on the more important things in life - like laundry, meals, grant proposals. Don't worry - I don't think I will top the number of posts today for quite a while.

In the meantime - I am here to tell you that while waiting for Canada Revenue to decide to either a) install more phone lines,
b) hang the phone up from their lunch break
or
c) for the majority of Canada talking to Canada Revenue to hang up so I can get through,
I have continued to entertain myself by doing further research on the origins of Canuck, aka Cannuck, aka Kanuck.

I was successful, but in the interim realized that while I do not miss Canadian taxes, I do miss Canadian humour. To share in my enjoyment - click here. (Note the last name given by the person writing in to ask the origins of Cannuck)

2 comments:

Erica Feunekes said...

Ever tried going to the Revenue Canada website and getting set up there? A lot easier than wasting time waiting for them to answer the phone...

Erica Feunekes said...

Hi Christy. I also noticed that our youngest looked an awful lot alike. So cute! Our contract with our org allows us to stay until Feb 2010. We can go home just in time for the Olympics (hopefully) as we live an hour outside of Vancouver, B.C. Our kids names are Mikah (girl) Christiaan, Aidan, Marc and Brynne. Hope you get your Rev Canada stuff worked out!