Wednesday, March 07, 2007

LOOK!

"LOOK!" Emma bellowed in my ear!
Her bellows became a whimper as she pointed to her arm.
"LOOK what Tanny did to me!"

I stared at the elbow proffered for inspection.

"Oh," I murmered sympathetically. "What did Tanny do to you?"

Emma's face went blank. "Ummmm, Tanny - what did you do to me again?"

Tanny Paul hurried over and scrutinized her elbow and then helpfully pointed out a small, nay, miniscule week old bruise.

"Here - I did dis!" he said with a flourish. Emma, relieved at the rediscovery of her wound, whimpered once more - "YES! See, see what he did!"

"Ahhh, I'm sorry!" I replied trying unsuccessfully to hide my grin. However, satisfied that her tale of woe had been acknowledged Emma happily left... with Tanny Paul cheerfully in tow.

All I can say is that they clearly have memories like an elephant!

No comments: