Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Grammar 101 for 4 year olds...

After a fairly hectic week I was ready for some important work. So I gathered the three youngest and we dug out a movie I have heard playing in the back ground fairly often lately, but had yet to see. But the giggles often heard while it was on had my interest piqued.

With Elsa on my lap and Emma and Nathaniel each guarding one side of me we hit play on the clicker (remote) and sat back to enjoy the movie. Before long something really silly happened in the movie causing Emma to giggle and look at me saying:

"That isn't the silliest thing I didn't ever see!"

"Is it?" I asked her seriously.

"Yeah!" she said and glued her eyes back on the screen.

I was left thinking over "That isn't the silliest thing I didn't ever see"

Hmmmm, translation anyone?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She probably meant, "Isn't that the silliest thing I ever did see!" She probably heard someone else say it and merely just got mixed up saying it, and the fact that she probably was trying to say that makes it that much more adorable. I use that phrase all the time and from a little girl... ahh, happiness. :o) Anyway, that's my guess.