Saturday, October 08, 2005

3 o'clock Confessions...

CONFESSIONS: It is a little after three pm (EST) and we have only managed to pack four items. But in our defense - it is so humid that the tape machine is sticking, the paper is tearing when we write on it, the boxes are limp and not wanting to accept any kind of tape. So given that no matter how grateful I was/am feeling for blessings of other sorts - I was starting to grumble... quite a bit and finally decided for the sanity of everyone it was time to call it quits. This job is difficult enough but add 70 % humidity to a temp of 27 - you feel like it is 29 celcius (or 89 f). SO I am off to the air conditioned living room, where I can relax with a cup of tea and count my blessings while sitting on the couch.... like a lazy cat who feels like a queen!

1 comment:

Wanda said...

Hey, there is nothing wrong with taking a short, impromtu 'mini-Mini-MINI vacation'. LOL!
Here in South Texas, we have left our triple digit (*F) temps. for the 80's the past two days. Ahhh... And I took my usual 4-5 hour (yes, THAT long!) weekly nap this afternoon.
I read your blog daily, and really enjoy your thoughts and happenings.