Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sleep, oh elusive sleep...


Cecilia rarely sleeps from 9 pm to 1 am. I should get her a third shift somewhere. The other day, she was quiet and an opportunity arose for me to be able to take a nap in preparation for her owl shift from 9 to 1. As tired as I was - I desperately wanted to spend that time working on either my curriculum, or an article I have been asked to write for a Catholic Magazine. As much as I knew I needed to sleep - I so wanted to work on one of these two things. However, common sense won out and to bed I went. These newborn upside down days will pass all too quickly and I must need follow her routine and enjoy every precious, cuddly, soft cheek to my cheek moment with her. Even those fussy, tummy ache can't sleep moments. The clock is ticking and the pages on the calendar are flipping too quickly. Before I know it she will be crawling, then walking and one day, all too soon, I will be looking at colleges with her, trying to decide which one is the best fit.

ignore

No comments: