Thursday, October 23, 2008

Getting snowed....

YES! I am getting a snow job and I don't mean the cold white fluffy stuff that falls from the sky. I mean a proper snow job. And the guilty parties are my own sweet children. A couple of days ago a little black and white kitten showed up on the side lawn with apparently two adult cats following it... with murder in their eyes ... if you believe the eye witness accounts.

So she was snatched up and brought inside. To warmth... food... and joyous squeals as only a tiny little wee kitten can inspire. She was immediately passed to me to cuddle and calm down. (Did I say something about a snow job?)

I took her and firmly declared 'NO more cats!' None - nada, nope - no way. Then the wee thing began to calm down and purr. Obviously an accomplice to the shenanigans of my own young ones.

Showing no sign of my own longing for the little fur ball I told the kids to dig out the cat cage and put her in it with a small towel. She was heading to the S.P.C.A. in the morning as this little mite had the cleverness to show up after they were closed for the day.

An hour later I heard much discussion about the need for a name and suddenly one of the culprits, err children, suggested that 'we let MUMMY name the kitten, after all it wasn't staying...'

Don't tell me that these children do not know the power of naming something... especially something small, cute and purring.

I named her.

Neena, a quick split decision because after all she wasn't staying, so it did not need a lot thought put into it and besides Neena just suited her somehow. ALL of the children immediately agreed that it was just simply a wonderful name. (And the snow was shoveled deeper around my ankles.)

Her sibling, who showed up last night on the doorstep cold and hungry, is now hidden in the boys room... and so far has remained unnamed - in this I stand FIRM and tomorrow he IS going to the S.P.C.A. I don't care how deep a purr he has, or how well he hunts fingers under the bedspread. Nope, not at all. Seriously! Besides he just used my leg as a launching post and left two puncture wounds in my thigh. I'm sure those wounds will help spur me on tomorrow morning.

But oh - it will be hard!

Dainty NEENA


The NAMELESS one... who leaves tomorrow!!!
(Hey that's my wall - he is suppose to be in the BOY'S ROOM)



IGNORE

No comments: