Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I am spoiled...

... I really am. I look at awesome pictures from various blogs and admire the pretty snow. And I sigh at my romantic memories of sliding with the children. Bundling them up to take for a walk, pulling whoever was the current baby behind me in a sled. Catching small snowflakes on both my tongue and eyelashes. Watching children create snow angles, smiling as I remembered my own attempts, in vain, to get up without messing up my angel.

But then we have spots of weather down here in NC when it is so warm that I have to open the van windows if I am out driving - like I had to tonight. There was a softness to the fresh air and I glanced at the porches filled with laughing couples and families enjoying this spring like weather as I passed them driving home from visiting my boys.

And I realized just how spoiled I have become - how used I have become to such gentle and happy days such as this one today, here in the south. Or maybe I am just acclimatizing to my southern home where I have resided now for eleven full years. Regardless of what it is - I felt so grateful tonight for the taste of spring we have been granted several times this winter.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Is your heater up and running? &:o) These warm nights sound like a heavenly gift to give your heater a rest... God bless you. We have scads of extended family in Eastern NC, and love it like a second home!

Lorcan said...

Spoiled as well ... the weather is suddenly warm here in New York as well ... just a friend gave me an old Peugeot racing bike ... so I fixed it up just as the weather became spring-like. Two days ago, went with it to the Brooklyn Quaker Meeting house for a committee meeting. Found out the meeting was at my home meeting in Manhattan ... rode from Schermahorn row to 15th Street, over the Brooklyn Bridge in a little less than 15 minutes ... feeling quite the biker the next morning, rode to 33rd street and 9th ave. to pick up a backpack camera case, so I can use the bike for work ... bought the bag on the second floor of B&H Photo, then, still feeling athletic began to briskly decend the stairs. At the second step nearly fell down the flight when I realized my knees are complete cramped and useless ... spoiled.
Just remembered my age ... feeling spoiled.

=(

On the other hand, even though old and used, this is my first high performance bike, and the weather is warm, so I also feel spoiled in a good way...

=)


All the best, God bless...

lor