Wednesday, August 08, 2007

loving life...

To protect the anonymity of this family I have removed the names. But this is such a strong message of hope and love for God and life that I had to share this message. If any recognize the family and leave comments please be careful not to use the family members names.
--------------
Let me begin by expressing how much my husband and I appreciate your continued
prayers for our little newborn son . We did not expect to welcome him into the world so
soon; and consequently, it has taken a while to adjust to our new reality.

I, in particular, have been reluctant to discuss the particulars of his
health; and I thank you for respecting that need on my part. Now that he is
four weeks old, however, it is natural for people to wonder about when he
will leave the NICU, how much weight he has gained, and similar 'preemie'kinds of questions. Given your kindness as friends and prayer partners with us, my husband and I would like to share some of the things that we are praying about for our wee son.

(Personal details regarding the baby's prognosis were here... it is expected the little fellow will be in the NICU for a few months.)

Please continue to pray for his healing. We also ask that you pray for
us - for our strength and perseverance.

We believe with everything we are that each day Our Lord chooses to give
our wee son life on this earth is an intentional act of love on His part and a
blessing for us. Regardless of the physical or mental limitations he might
face in the future, we know that our wee son's life has a spiritual power that
cannot be measured.

God Bless...
signed by the mum of this wee baby boy.
---------

Is this not a powerful statement regarding the sanctity of life and respect for God's authority over us?

Please join all of us who know or are acquainted with this family in praying for God's blessings, love, and support be felt daily by this family.

No comments: