Saturday, July 07, 2007

Grateful...

I am very grateful to Jesus for the wonderful opportunity I was recently blessed with. A few weeks ago I received an email from Tom Bengston, the editor of Family Foundations the magazine for the Couple to Couple League. He wanted to know if I would be interested in writing an article about the challenges of parenting a large family as well as what advice we would give to new couples about how to discern what is the right sized family for themselves.

I was so very happy to oblige Tom! Before the weeks end of his request, I had my article written and emailed to him. This month the article was published in the July/August edition of Family Foundations together with our family picture that was taken by photographer Paul Tomas of Cary, NC on Mother's Day this May.

At a later time I will publish the article here on the blog, but for now I wish to leave it as fresh reading for the readers of Family Foundations, a few of whom who may pass by here on occasion. This week as well as receiving my first cheque for a published article I also received a complimentary copy of the magazine. I enjoyed reading it very much and I especially enjoyed the article "Dad's Not Perfect by James L. Johnson. It is a wonderful essay about the challenges of being a dad to a large brood. Even as a mum I was able to identify with much of what he said. If you have a chance, take a peek at this magazine - it is filled with wonderful articles and columns. It's so good I am considering subscribing to it again as it has been a few years since my first subscription to it ran out.

6 comments:

Elisa said...

I saw the article and your family picture! We don't have a recent photo of your family so it was such a nice surprise to see you all together. We sure enjoyed visiting at J's wedding.
Love, Steve and Elisa

mum2twelve said...

It was so nice to see both of you and Steve's parents. You have beautiful children! I wish we could have visited more. I barely got to do more than greet Steve's parents.

Keep in touch.

Blessings
Christi

M. Alexander said...

Is it online anywhere???? Pout. pout LOL.

Our diocesan newspaper is always looking for articles. They pay $50/per and you can shop it around elsewhere.

Here's the website- www.providencevisitor.com

Good luck and congratulations on being published!
Mary

Karen Edmisten said...

Your children are beautiful, and I loved reading about your wonderful family. I'm humbled and honored to share the pages of FF with you! (I wrote about the "little way" of my little family.) Blessings to you all!

melanie said...

I saw your article in the magazine last night, and was happy to see you have a blog too :-) It's so nice to see other likeminded people out there... thanks for writing!!

Anonymous said...

I read it and it was great! thanks for such great witness to God's Love and your confidence and trust in HIm. It was inspiring. thank you!