Saturday, July 14, 2007

Christmas come early.

I feel as though I Have been handed a Christmas gift. In less than three weeks I will begin to add two weekly appointments to my busy schedule.

Aha, you think, sarcasm abounds. You could not be further from the truth though, if you are thinking that.

But how is it then, that a woman who finds it difficult to find time to brush her teeth, would be excited to add two regular weekly appointments to her already hectic schedule.

Because, they are speech therapy sessions for Nathaniel Paul whose speech is severely impaired. We have struggled these past years, since his hearing returned, trying to understand him.

Our delight, and his, is almost indescribable. We been told to expect quick results. I will keep you posted about his progress.

4 comments:

M. Alexander said...

My Nathaniel also needed speech therapy- it must be something in the name! LOL

He did very well and worked hard. I know that your Nathaniel will too.
Mary

Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well!

Diane said...

My prayers are with you. My son Robert lost most of his hearing some time after birth . Surgery, when he was two, restored it to normal. Robert is now ten and his speech, though still not perfect, is so much better than we ever thought it would be. I am always glad to hear when things work out to help these kids. I know what an uphill battle it can be to find the help they need and then to get the cost covered.

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

What great news !

We had to be on a waiting list for over 18 months before Abby`s desperately needed speech therapy treatment began , and after only *6* 30 minute sessions, her speech was dramatically improved.

Good luck and let us know how Nathaniel gets on !