Thursday, April 19, 2007

Laugh of the day...

One son walked in the laundry area and as I was setting up yet another load of wash he asked me;
"What is the definition of eternity?"

Thinking to myself - he must know the answer to this by now but whatever, I answered him.
"Forever. eternity is forever."

This brought a chuckle from him.

"Yeah, well, it's four blondies in four different cars at a four way stop."

My chuckles blended in with his and then another son poked his head in the laundry area.

"I don't get it."

"Huh?", I responded.

"I don't get it, eternity is four blondies at a four-way stop?"

Chuckling a bit louder I explained the joke.

"Oh! I guess that makes me a blondie too - since I didn't get it. "

Actually - not to give away who this was, but he is the only blond in the family. Co-incidence???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only related to the post via the laundry setting. My mom (mom to 12 - 16years between us, now all grown up)has dreams where the laundry goes on and on and she can never keep up with the washing and the folding. I tell her it isn't a dream it's a memory.

Eternity = Laundry

mum2twelve said...

Oh Sister Christine, that is all too true!

And today, in hopes of shortening my time spent in eternity, I spent a lot of time going though the mounds of clothes that keep recycling their way through the washer - yet never seem to find their way onto people's bodies! LOL

Blessings to you Sister and to your mum!

Anonymous said...

So, what's the blondie doing at home, hein?
I have the advantage of knowing who it is..... :-)))
Blessings and much love - btw. I have joined your ranks now as well vis-a-vis laundry.... arrr, plus the dryer is busted. More ARRRRRRRR
Michaela

Jerry said...

Just a note to say good job (in general, not just laundry) for being a 'Mum' ( to twelve!). Your vocation is what gives the human race hope.