Sunday, February 11, 2007

Have I become disposable?

Recently Elsa, not quite two, climbed up on my lap and wrapped her arms around my waist, leaned into me as if to cuddle. Then she quickly rubbed her face back and forth rapidly. She stopped, flashed a grin at me and then quickly rubbed her face back and forth once more against my shirt. Seemingly satisfied with this quick cuddle she slid off my lap and was off to play once more.

Puzzled, I wondered if perhaps she liked how soft the shirt was that I was wearing. Then I glanced down and all was revealed. I had simply been used as a kleenex...

3 comments:

Lorcan said...

It is cute when one is two ... thee must worry when grown up friends whip their nose on thee... My favorite bumper stickers, which I would dearly love someone in Australia to send me ... all are about the Otway forest preserve in south western Australia. Kleenex had been cutting down a lot of this original growth forest, and the bumper stickers where GREAT for someone with my last name ... for example, asking that folks not wipe a certain part of their anatomy with the Otways... a cause I could really get behind ... or Save the Otways ... again, always a good idea ... or Hands off the Otways, generally a good idea.

Well, ... here is to her growing out of it, and thee having a chuckle about it until then...

Lorcan Otway (not to be cut down for Kleenex please... )

Dory said...

How cute!!!
As I was reading this I was wondering if it was some sort of "clean up" she was so innocently doing! :~)
More laundry for this wonderful "mum2twelve"!

Dorry

Unknown said...

Something similar happened to me two years ago on our annual jaunt to Rushing River for camping... Elizabeth (then 3) would paddle around for a bit, then come wipe her face on my t-shirt. My first response was "hey! I'm not your personal towel!!" which of course, I IMMEDIATELY became for all the children..... apparently, it's the standing joke now....