Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Ohio, here we come!

Back into the natural swing of things after a weeks bout with the flu followed immeadiatly by Christmas. Today I have one child is drawing a poster sized themometer for me for a family project, (details to follow later) and several others are enjoying the art supplies they received from good Saint Nick and baby Jesus. (Anyone, besides me, wondering what Dan got Danielle??)

I am cleaning. cleaning and cleaning some more while I prepare for a 24 hour run to Ohio. Tim Hortens anyone? I am hoping to remember my camera and take pictures of the awesome Nativity scene they have in Columbus. Let us pray no more German Shepherds narrowly avoid suicide under our wheels. Not sure my heart can handle it.

Later I must check the weather and decide if I have to pull out mittens etc for this 24 hour run. Ack! It would probably be easier to do it the other way - have to head south in the winter months. Mittens would already be out and we could just dress in layers in clothes that are already in the childrens drawers.

Look for awesome pictures of the Nativity soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are going to luck out on your trip to Ohio. I am three hours from Columbus but my husband has relatives there and I am told that they are experiencing the same as us. Temps in the 40- 50 range. Of course it may seem colder to you than it does to me because I am used to it but I have only worn a coat two days so far. Usually I just wear a sweat shirt. Anyway, have a great trip.

mum2twelve said...

No SNOW? There is no snow here in Columbus. Shucks. We all wanted to see a little snow. Diane, it is only a tad colder than home. We can have some pretty cold days in NC and as we are now living closer to the mountains, we are experiencing a colder winter than ones from the past 10 years. For instance it is minus 3 (celcius) at home this morning. I think that is about 29 f, which is about what the temp feels like here - according to weather.com but we will probably hit higher temps at mid day. Yep just compared them. High of 48 in Columbus VS 60 in NC.
God Bless you all and I hope to get pics of the awesome manger scene.