Monday, September 04, 2006

Auto spell check...

The word processor that I am currently using does, as most do, auto spell checks while I type. Today I am tying up new routines, (new house - new routines) and when I reviewed what I had typed I found the following:

First Tuesday of the month:

Sweep and wash B & E's floor during bedtime routine, if not done earlier.

Stairs need to be swept and stiffened

Downstairs hallway - swept and stiffened

What I had typed was swiffered.... swept and swiffered!

I imagine that the children should find it interesting watching me trying to stiffen the stairs and the hallway. Whatever would we do without automated spell checks?!

1 comment:

Lorcan said...

I love what spell check does with people's names, often an appropriate comment on a person, one I might never make! Some rather complimentry, I remember one, a friend of mine named Doherty, his name comes out die hard, rather appropriate, he survived a few battles and at least one assasination attempt!
All the best
Lorcan Outwiegh
PS
I wounder if I loose wight if my spell check name would change... would Otway become .. outwards? Hmmmm