Monday, April 03, 2006

Jesus, help me...

Jesus, today help me to see my talents, and not to judge my interior life to another’s exterior. I can not know that person’s interior struggles or the imperfections they work hard to hide, just as I strive to hide mine.

Instead, help me embrace my imperfections and accept them for the challenge they are; of growing closer to you as you support me. Do not let me fall into the pit of despair because I am flawed. Instead, grant me the graces to carry the cross that you have loving carved for ME.

3 comments:

Mairin :o) said...

This is really a lesson I should learn too.

I have to say, when I see 'pit of dispair' I think if the Princess Bride!

mum2twelve said...

Ah, then you are of the same heart and mind as my second oldest daughter who absolutely adores The Princess Bride!

Mairin :o) said...

Absolutely! My daughter and I can quote the entire thing.