Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Forgiveness...

...is a virtue. And one Emma obviously needs a little instruction in. This morning, as I was making my bed and moving about rather gingerly as sudden movements caused my sinuses to send send stabbing pains through my upper jaw and cheek bones, Emma asked;

"Mummy, tan I watch a mooie? Peeeeease?"

I looked sternly at her and pointed the mountains of videos strewn about the floor, decorating about three feet of space in a semi circle around the small tv in the corner of my room. I had been stubbing my toes on them as I tread cautiously about the bed.

"What about THOSE, Emma Louise?" I demanded.

To which she replied in a most adorable and sweet voice, as she sank to her kness on my bed;
"Oh Mummy! Tan you EVER fortive me?" She clasped her hands and stared at me.

Smothering a smile, I said;
"Well, maybe if you pick up all of those movies."

Her eyes opened wide and she asked;

"Oh, but whyeeee?"

Clearly while the child does not need acting lessons, she could use some instruction on what it means to ask for forgiveness. And no, she did not get to watch any movies until the videos were cleaned up.

No comments: