Monday, March 27, 2006

A Blogger Moment or Two...

I was once more baking and surrounded by flour, bowls, and children. Chairs were dragged across the floor and fingers were eagerly helping. In an attempt to squeeze in at the counter, Emma dragged Elsa's rocking chair over and quickly stepped up onto it.

"Uh uh!" I admonished her. "Please don't stand on the rocking chair, Emma."

"Otay" she replied. "I won't"

Well, that was easy, I congratulated myself. No dramatics, no whyyyys? Then I noticed what she had done.

With her nose just barely grazing the counter top, she had quickly gone from standing to kneeling - on the rocking chair...

A different blogger moment, same child...

"Emma, do you want your sandwhich cut in an X?

"Yet."

Smiling I asked; "And what do you say, Emma?"

"Yet, Mummy."

A little louder, but still smiling, I asked again;

"What do you say Emma?"

A little louder herself, Emma responded "YET."

"What do you say?"

A little frustrated now Emma repeated; "YET!"

"Yes, what, Emma?"

"Yet, an X, Mummy!"

No comments: