Thursday, January 19, 2006

Fatigue

fa·tigue (definition from dictionary.com)
n.
  1. Physical or mental weariness resulting from exertion.
  2. Something, such as tiring effort or activity, that causes weariness: the fatigue of a long hike.
  3. Physiology. The decreased capacity or complete inability of an organism, an organ, or a part to function normally because of excessive stimulation or prolonged exertion.
  4. The weakening or failure of a material, such as metal or wood, resulting from prolonged stress.
    1. Manual or menial labor, such as barracks cleaning, assigned to soldiers.
    2. fatigues Clothing worn by military personnel for labor or for field duty.
My addition to the meaning of FATIGUE:

6.
a. A reason to pray nonstop so as to get through the day.
b. A means of learning how dependent you are on God, to get through the day.


And when fatigue brings you to God, then one should be grateful for their fatigue...

Ummm - I'm trying! But right now I would give anything... not.... to ... be .... so TIRED!

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I agree with ogilvie -- you have a nice blog and a nice family. Of course, the question is: Is this the kind of fatigue that leads to a blog name change -- maybe Mum2Thirteen?

mum2twelve said...

Thank you for the compliments and the hugs.

Cathy - I laughed out loud when I read your question about a possible name change! No - at least I hope not yet. Elsa was a c-section and I think I need a bit more time to recoup!

I believe my extreme fatigue is more from a "cafinated" baby who had too much caffiene in her system from my late afternoon teas. Since 'decafinating' her, she and I have both been sleeping better. However, I feel somewhat lost without my afternoon teas!

I am still quite tired though. The fact that I was nursing Elsa this afternoon, while wondering if anyone was watching her in her high chair can attest to that! I think it is partly stress from having a family business while homeschooling.

Thank you again for the compliments and hugs. They mean a lot!

Blessings
Christi