Monday, January 02, 2006

Elsa Update...

Elsa continues to be ill and more have joined her so it might be a few days again before I can steal some precious moments to post, especially as I also have much to do for the business.

It happened this morning that as I was walking Elsa about the living room and she was quiet for the first time in a bit with her head resting on my shoulder, that my mind was elsewhere. It was on the merchandise in the packing shed, waiting to be packed. I felt stressed about it and realized that I felt as though I was a failure of a sort, because I had not yet gotten to it. I felt as though I was not accomplishing anything right then.

And then as I felt Elsa's warm breath on my neck and her weight in my arms I realized that I was already doing something of the utmost importance and I was surprised to realize how completly I had lost sense of my priorities.

By that, I do not mean I am not caring for my children, or do not realize the importance of doing so, but rather that I was allowing myself to feel like a failure because I am experiencing such difficulites in doing something in addition to this most important job. In fact, the most important job I could ever be doing.

Meanwhile - I would like to ask for prayers for Elsa and my other children who have become ill (6, in total, at last count). Please also pray for the graces that I need to deal with so few hours sleep, as well as the stress of trying to deal with so many jobs outside a mother's normal responsibilites. Could you also pray that we finally beat this terrible virus that keeps mutating and cycling about the family!

Thank you in advance for your prayers!

Blessings
mum2twelve aka Christi

4 comments:

Mairin :o) said...

I'm sorry to hear your baby (and other children) is ill. I will add them and you to my prayers.

Lisa said...

I'll offer up my daily chores for your family today. Praying for a quick recovery for all those that are ill.

Dory said...

I should just shut up and quit complaining about me not feeling well and able to get rest!
May God-Almighty bless you and the children to get well soon and enough rest..now!(please)

Lorcan said...

Dear Christi:

Memory is odd, looking back at childhood and my marriage, taking care of each other when we were sick are some of the dearest memories, even overwriting the discomfort of being ill. I remember one time Genie and I were both ill with a terrible, painful flu, and that it was just awful, but what remains is not the memory of the pain, but remembering how we crawled out of bed in turn to take care of each other. At the time, if anyone told be this would be a dear memory, I would not even have had the strength to laugh, I'd likely have gotten sick on them!
But, I hope it is some comfort to know that thee and thine are deeply in our prayers.

Thine in the light
lor