Saturday, September 03, 2005

SPAM Comments...

Because I have had what I consider a large number of SPAM comments for what I am assuming is a rather small readership I have added a verification step so that people will have to type letters that they see in a box before posting. I am sorry for that but I feel that it is unfair to everyone to have SPAM posted on our blogs. Has anyone else had this problem? I hope to eventually have my own website and possibly avoid this problem as a result.

I will try to remember to post my email address so that people can write to that if they prefer rather than go through the verification process. I hope it is not too cumbersome. I really enjoy reading people's feedback. If I forget to add my email address you can always roll down a little and find an older post with my email address.

I will republish this explanation for a while. I am sorry for this!

Blessings
mum2twleve@yahoo.com

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Yes, lately I have been hearing of alot more of this, so you have to do what you have to do. Don't let that keep you from your posting...its too good a place to visit! :)

Wanda said...

The word verification is not much of a bother at all. Yes, I get spam sometimes and just delete it, but more and more people are going to the word verication. For some reason, some blogs seem to get hit with LOTS of spam all the time, and others just one or two, now and then.
I enjoy your blog. It's a regular stop for me.

mum2twelve said...

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement. They mean a lot!
Blessings
Christi (mum2twelve)

mum2twelve said...

oh dear - even I must do the word verification - On my own blog! TOO FUNNY!!!

Chris said...

I had to add that myself - it is only a slight inconvienence compared to having to delete up to six spam comments at a time - which I have only been able to do one at a time. So, overall, I think it's a good thing. *smile*