Thursday, September 08, 2005

Lost keys... again!

Earlier this week my husband was once more desperatly searching for keys. Keys for a vehicle that, again, has not been driven for a while. But this time I did NOT climb on a chair and search through bottles and bottles of Baby Tylenol, Children's Motrin and other sundry medicines. I had already cleaned the fridge off, and it was quite empty, so I already knew there were no keys of any sort there.

I did not empty out laundry baskets or sort through the items that are stacked on the shelf over the washer and dryer. I didn't even ask my husband if he had looked in any of these areas - I just stared at my rectangular bruise and bit my lips. I said not a word - I was sure he would find them again without my help and... he did.

I learned this when he walked into the kitchen covered with sweat and announced; "I just walked three miles."

In this heat?

I whirled around to stare at him and asked, "Why did you do that?" He and I have been talking about excercising, but surely there was a cooler, and less busy time of day, to take a walk. Especially a three mile walk.

He wearily wiped his forehead off, with a look of disgust.

"Because the stupid blue van broke down three miles from here, that's why."

I didn't bother to ask where he had found the keys this time. I just called AAA and asked for a tow.

Anyone know of a Patron Saint for old vehicles?

1 comment:

mum2twelve said...

They were two different vans! We have a bunch of old vehicles all in the throes of dying - some more quickly than others, as evidenced by the quick demise of the blue one. We had JUST spent, that day, 145 dollars registering this vehicle after waiting for all the paper work needed to do so, to come in the mail. SIGH!!!

Life rolls on...I'm just trying to learn how to sumersault along with it! ;-) So far I just seem to be accomplishing a lot of belly flops!

Thanks for reading my blog and for all of your nice comments. IN fact thank you to all of you for your lovely comments. BTW, emails sent to my address mum2twelve@yahoo.com are always answered.

Blessings
Christi AKA mum2twelve